The UAE job market is improving, but remains volatile and inconsistent, according to a report released today by Big Daw, a global job search platform.
DUBAI, UAE, July 13, 2010 – The UAE job market is improving, but remains volatile and inconsistent, according to a report released today by Big Daw, a global job search platform.
The report, “Assessing the UAE Job Market,” analyzed conditions in the Emirates based on input from recruitment agents.
“The UAE market is continuing to show tangible signs of recovery,” said Hasnain Qazi, Middle East business manager for Pathway Resourcing in Dubai, who was one of the recruiters who provided insight for the report.
Key points in the report include:
- While hiring has been increasing, hiring levels vary widely depending on the industry, employer and position.
- Overall, competition is fierce, with far more candidates than vacancies.
- Companies are doing more internal hiring, relying more on their HR departments for recruitment, demanding more from recruiters, taking longer to complete the hiring process, being more careful in the selection process, and in general offering lower salaries.
- Hiring levels are volatile and difficult to forecast due to economic uncertainty.
- Westerners remain interested in coming to work in the Emirates.
The report also provides pointers on job search strategies and tactics that recruiters identified as being helpful for those seeking employment in the UAE.
The report can be accessed at www.bigdaw.com.