Tracesmart Corporate prepares its Cardiff HQ in advance of their backup data centre going live.
Tracesmart Ltd, specialist tracing agents and providers of web based tracing and identity check services, have announced that they are installing a service backup facility in their Cardiff offices. A failsafe for their online services*, which allow users to trace people and verify identity, the system will ensure that in the highly unlikely event their London based data centre experiences technical problems, site traffic will be handled via Cardiff. In readiness for the installation, Tracesmart have considerably enhanced onsite security measures and installed a new internet connection.
To handle the high volume of traffic the Tracesmart Corporate web services receive, the company has invested in a high-speed and robust dedicated internet connection. Paul Weathersby, Technical Director at Tracesmart comments on the move "To support the new backup facility, it was necessary to install a 10mbps internet connection. The connection uses fibre optic cables, facilitating a fast data transfer rate which ensures that high volumes of traffic can be managed without impeding system quality and usage." The new connection will also allow Tracesmart to base several off their offline services in their headquarters, as noted by Weathersby, "Through the combination of the backup facility and the high-speed connection, we will also be able to provide our data cleansing and marketing list services directly from our Cardiff HQ, as opposed to our London data centre"
Ahead of the backup data centre going live, Weathersby and his team have increased onsite security measures and made certain all activity within the office is monitored constantly, down to the last keystroke. In addition to these measures, several areas within their Cardiff headquarters are now restricted to top level personnel only.
Commenting on the new security and technical upgrades, Tracesmart Managing Director, Michael Trezise, noted, "Whether our customers are using the online systems for debtor tracing or to conduct identity checks, they can be confident that they will not be impeded by downtime and can gain access to our systems 24/7. This promise of continuous provision is another example of our company commitment to both our customers and the maintenance of high levels of service quality and data security."
Notes to editors
- Tracesmart Corporate supply a diverse range of consumer data cleansing, identification and tracing tools to a wide variety of industries. The B2B division of Tracesmart Ltd, their client base ranges from SME to Blue Chip,who are all recipients of bespoke solutions, built around their specific needs.
- Paul Weathersby is the driving force behind the development and production of Tracesmart's suite of web-based services, and manages and directs their experienced IT team.
- Michael Trezise is the founder and Managing Director of Tracesmart. With over 25 years of tracing experience his unrivalled knowledge provides the company with a distinct competitive advantage.
- *Online Services The online services referred to are Tracesmart's consumer tracing tool www.tracesmartcorporate.co.uk and their consumer identity check system www.smartidplus.co.uk
- Adam Smith
- Marketing Manager
- Direct Line: 02920 474 120
- Mobile: 07976 637 091
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Photos available on request
- Tracesmart Ltd
- 2 Sovereign Quay
- Havannah Street
- CF10 5SF