Online travel agency, Holidays-Direct says the top destinations for UK holidaymakers in 2010 will include all-inclusive resorts. Holidays to Turkey and Bulgaria will top the list of destinations as Brits avoid euro-destinations.
UK holidaymakers will be shopping around for summer holiday bargains in 2010, with many taking 10 or 11 day breaks rather than a traditional 2 week stay says online travel agency www.holidays-direct.co.uk.
All inclusive holidays will be more favourable to self catered holidays as holidaymakers want greater value for money.
Jon Pearce of Holidays-Direct.co.uk said, “UK travellers don’t want to give up a traditional summer holidays, instead they want to break it up and go on more frequent holidays to bargain resorts, like all inclusive holidays in Turkey.”
Holidays-Direct have compiled a list of the top destinations for 2010:
- Turkey – a popular all inclusive holiday destination with great cultural excursions
- Egypt – great for snorkelling and all inclusive holidays with a hot and sunny climate all year around
- Morocco – this North African country is popular for excursions and shopping in the famous markets or souks
- USA – a range of city breaks choices and sunny holidays, the USA has a bit of everything to offer
- Sri Lanka – a great destination to experience different cultures and value for money all inclusive holidays
- Dubai – has a hot sunny climate all year round and is a favourite for couples, the UAE has great culture and architecture as well as plenty of shopping malls
- South Africa – the 2010 World Cup will draw many tourists and football lovers
- Bulgaria - a budget friendly and all inclusive popular destination with a comfortable climate
- Thailand – great for site-seeing excursions and culture with a hot sunny climate
- Tunisia – traditional souk’s to visit and warm and sunny climate, a great all inclusive holiday destinationwhich is budget friendly.
Jon continues, “Holidays in Europe where countries aren’t part of the Euro will remain popular choices as many holidaymakers don’t just go to sunny or tropical countries for sun, sea and sand. Many now go to get a taste of the culture and enjoy the different excursions or to see the World Cup in South Africa.”
Destinations with something unique to offer as well as resorts that have been re-developed over the previous year will certainly be top of UK holidaymakers lists to visit in 2010.
Online travel agency http://www.holidays-direct.co.uk is part of the Midlands Co-operative Society Group and is a member of ABTA. They specialise in providing affordable flights and accommodation in the top holiday destinations around the world.
Midlands Co-op Travel, incorporating Ilkeston Co-op Travel, is the No 1 independent travel agent in the Midlands.
For more information about Midlands Co-operative Travel please contact:
Julie Carey / Laure Doucet / Dawn Walker at Midlands Co-operative on 01543 414140
Email – [email protected]
Log onto - http://www.midlandsco-op.com/pr/
For media enquiries, please contact –
Online News Coordinator
WebCertain Group Ltd
Northminster Business Park
Tel: +44 (0)1904 780030