Scanning the Apple Discussions forum, reports are surfacing indicating a series of issues after upgrading to Mac OS X 10.6.4:
- Complete installation failure.
- iTunes running on an iMac caused the UI to become unresponsive.
- A MacBook Pro lost internet access.
- Quicken Essentials for Mac 2010 is hanging, both when trying to download transactions and when assigning categories.
- Folders have disappeared from an iMac's desktop and the user can't shut down — which appears, from this end, to possibly be a hang during startup.
- Inability to use function keys to control display brightness.
- Fonts, to quote the poster, getting "f***ed up" in Firefox and font-installation problems using FontExplorer.
- Display problems with Photoshop CS 5 Extended and a Mac Pro freezing up.
- More font problems in a post entitled "10.6.4 Totally Destroys Your Fonts".
There's also a thread that outlines a series of problems, including system crashes, systemUIserver crashing when Spotlight is invoked, problems with iTunes and Microsoft Office, and overall decrease in performance.
If you are experiencing any of the above problems whether related to the 10.6.4 update or not, or you might require a hardware repair or upgrade to your Apple laptop (MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro or PowerBook G4) contact MacEmergency in London for as free diagnosis, fast repair and affordable costs.
MacBook Pro Repairs in London...
Apple Laptop Repair Service in London.MacEmergency can diagnose your Apple Macbook or Apple Macbook Pro problem for FREE! Drop your 13 inch Macbook, MacBook Pro 13, 15.4 or 17 inch off with us and we will determine the fault, discuss the solution with you then offer you a precise quote with a fast turnaround...
Your problem is just one phone callaway from being repaired!
MacEmergency... London MacBook Pro Repair Service... 08448 121 999
* Expert advice and fast overnight Apple MacBook, MacBook Air & MacBook Pro repairs
* Apple Macbook Hardware, Software, Data - Recovery/Repair/Replacement
* Apple Macbook Pro Repair and MacBook Repairs in London
* MacBook and MacBook Pro OS Upgrade - Mac OS 10.6 / Mac OS 10.5
* MacBook and MacBook Pro RAM and SATA Hard Drive Upgrades - 250GB, 320GB or 500GB
* Accident Damage Repair - Liquid Spill Repair - Laptop Salvage Service - 24hr - 7 day
* Competitive rate - 100% Free Diagnosis - No Fix, No Fee on all Mac Laptops.
Accident? Damage? Liquid Spill?
MacEmergency are the Masters of Disaster when it comes to accident damage and liquid spills.
Apple Mac Repairs Londonoffers a well established, professional and friendly service providing swift Mac repairs and specialist Apple Macintosh support services to Apple Mac users across London. Performing a range of services but focusing on all types of Mac Repairs, Part Replacement, Mac Computer Upgrades, Apple Hard Disk Replacement, Mac Data Recovery Services. Using only 100% original Apple parts, supplied and fitted at the most competitive rates found in the capital. Apple Mac Repairs are performed overnight 7 days a week as well troubleshooting, which is absolutely free!
GOOGLE US FOR THE BEST REVIEWS ON THE WEB - CLICK HERE TO VIEW
Apple Mac Repairs and Support - London - Mac Specialist - Apple Repair Service:
AMRL offer businesses and individuals their exoertise in professional repairs and support for Apple Mac Computer Systems. With a local business feel andlong term Apple technical background, the Mac services provided consistently proven to be reliable and cost effective in getting any Intel-based Apple Mac system working again. AMRL can arrange visits however most of our clients prefer to bring their 'unhappy' Mac to our North London workshop for a no obligation diagnostic check and rapid repair.