- Makes visible production, sales, and inventory status on a global level -
Tokyo, October 21, 2009 –
Fujitsu and Glovia International, Inc. (GII) today announced the launch of glovia G2, the next-generation production management ERP for the manufacturing industry, available today worldwide.
The product combines functionality compliant with international standards and Japanese manufacturing know-how, enabling the quick deployment and integration of production management systems globally. The software makes production conditions visible by individually tracking the production, sales, and inventory status of each business site in a timely manner.
These capabilities help customers respond quickly to changes in international market conditions at each layer of their organization—managerial, administrative, and production—and develop plans for global strategic production.
In recent times, a pressing need has emerged among manufacturers to be able to monitor and respond quickly to changes in global demand, as well as to unify the management of production at multiple locations around the world. The ability to ensure compliance with global business regulations at each of these locations has also become indispensable. Furthermore, companies are facing the challenges of consolidating disparate administrative systems, improving their IT investments via services integration, and gaining control over IT systems.
Fujitsu and GII have joined forces to address these demands with glovia G2, which makes information visible and supports productivity within companies.
Key Product Features
1. Rich Internet applications (*1) improve usability on a global level while ensuring reliability, expandability, and maintainability, as well as help each business location to step up operations and share information in real time. A new alert function makes production anomalies at a location visible, helping management quickly evaluate and respond to the situation.
2. Standard connection functionality to salesforce CRM helps to reveal demand fluctuations within each production site, in addition to supporting management and the site in quickly evaluating and responding to them.
3. A service-oriented architecture (*2) platform allows sophisticated production management functions to be offered as service components.
4. An expanded security manager controls security at the user and user-group levels and helps to support compliance in areas such as production management and IT system regulations.
Product Name: glovia G2
Global Shipping Date: January 2010
Glossary and Notes
1. Rich Internet applications
A web application with a flexible interface that can be accessed over a web browser.
Employs Microsoft’s Silverlight 3.
2. Service-oriented architecture
A general system architecture in which each software function corresponds to another administrative function, which are in turn, linked as services over a network.
Employs Microsoft’s NET Framework WCF.
Public and Investor Relations Division
Fujitsu is a leading provider of IT-based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 175,000 employees supporting customers in 70 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.6 trillion yen (US$47 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2009. For more information, please see: www.fujitsu.com.
About Glovia International
Glovia International, Inc., a subsidiary of Fujitsu Limited (Tokyo Stock Exchange: 6702), is one of the world's most experienced and solidly backed providers of extended ERP solutions for businesses of any size - from small and mid-sized companies to global enterprises. The powerful and flexible Glovia ERP suite, glovia.com, provides for the unique needs of engineer-to-order, make-to-order, high volume and mixed-mode manufacturing environments through comprehensive, end-to-end functionality for the entire product lifecycle. Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Glovia has helped manufacturers to cut costs, improve productivity, and meet customer demands for over 30 years. For more information, please visit http://www.glovia.com.
All other company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.