Cosy up for AutumnPress release October 28, 2010 Homes & Gardens
Karen Broderick, trend watch expert at Harveys the Furniture Store gives you her top 5 tips
Autumn is well and truly here, the leaves are falling from the trees, mornings are getting darker and yes, the clocks go back this weekend. It need not be depressing though, Karen Broderick, trend watch expert at Harveys the furniture store gives us her top 5 tips on enjoying a cosy home throughout winter.
- Replace any lightweight window dressings with heavier curtains or slot a blind behind existing blinds to help exclude drafts
- Have beautiful, vibrant throws on your furniture so you don’t have the break the bank with massive heating bills to be all warm and cosy during the autumn and winter months
- Buy furniture such as sofas and chairs in sumptuous fabric rather than leather as this is warm to the touch in winter and doesn’t get sticky in summer
- The flowers of spring may be well gone, but cut winter berries from the garden and display these in beautiful vases and pile wood next to your fire to create the effect of a wood burning stove
- Don’t ignore lighting, the darker months are your chance to experiment and create different dramatic effects with different lights.
Karen Broderick comments:
“Winter does not have to be dismal and something that we get through – with a few small changes, we can enjoy a period of snuggling on the sofa watching DVD’s in a lovely, warm, elegant home that our friends envy”.
For more information and prices please contact:
Karen Broderick or Jon Wightman at Harveys
T: DD - 01708 802885 SB – 01708 869146
E: [email protected] or via www.HarveysFurniture.co.uk/press.html
Some images also available at <http://www.prshots.com/?i=57139>
Notes to editors
- A Harveys spokesperson is available for comment
- Harveys is the largest furniture specialist in the UK with 150 stores and a fully transactional website stocking a diverse range of lounge and dining furniture as well as complimentary accessories
- For your nearest Harveys store please visit <http://www.HarveysFurniture.co.uk> or call 0844 847 2626
Homes & Gardens