Karen Broderick, Interior Designer and Trend Watch Expert at Harveys advises
When converting a loft space in to a bedroom, people can get caught out by not allowing enough budget for custom built furniture to fit the space.
5 get out of jail free cards:
- Look for furniture such as wardrobes that come in different heights and widths
- If wardrobes just won’t fit, place drawers the full line of the eves – the repetition creates a neat style feature
- Low level beds are a great way to stop you banging your head in the mornings
- Under-bed storage can avoid the need for so much furniture keeping the rest of the space in the room clear and uncluttered
- Modular furniture is really flexible meaning you will be free to move your room around in the future, avoid beds with built in bedside cabinets.
Harveysranges suitable for loft space:
The Lima bedroom range is fully flexible. The wardrobes come in a variety of heights, widths and also door styles with a mirrored finish option providing the need for using wall space whilst also giving the illusion of more space in the area.
Homes & Gardens