Karen Broderick, trend watch expert at Harveys the Furniture Store gives you her top 5 tips
After being shut inside for four or five months, spring is here and it’s time to feel rejuvenated. What better way to feel the freshness of a bright new season that to refresh your furniture. Karen Broderick trend watch expert at Harveys the Furniture Store gives you her top 5 inexpensive and simple ways to bring spring in to your home.
- Take your curtains or blinds down and give them a wash. Replace them with lightweight voiles to let the light in through freshly washed windows.
- Bring your garden indoors and cut some fresh flowers and put them in a beautiful vase that you place centre stage of your living room and hang wind chimes in front of windows and drift away as they tinkle in the spring breeze.
- Buy accent pieces in bright vibrant colours - a statement chair, lamp or throw can easily update your current furniture. Place them in front of a window and be reminded that spring is on its way every time you sit in it.
- Don’t underestimate the power of cushions – quick to buy and easy to place, they can make a simple scheme look completely different from one season to the next.
- Put a new table cloth or place mats centre of your dining room to add freshness.
For more information and prices please contact:
Karen Broderick or Jon Wightman at Harveys
T: DD - 01708 802885 SB – 01708 869146
Some images also available at <http://www.prshots.com/?i=57139>
Notes to editors
- A Harveys spokesperson is available for comment
- Harveys is the largest furniture specialist in the UK with 150 stores and a fully transactional website stocking a diverse range of lounge and dining furniture as well as complimentary accessories
- For your nearest Harveys store please visit <http://www.HarveysFurniture.co.uk> or call 0844 847 2626
Homes & Gardens