Hundreds of small businesses disappeared in 2008, thousands will die this year. The bloodbath will continue. But for the ‘brave’ small business owner, this spells huge opportunity. Here's how...
Swanage, Dorset, UK, March 23, 2009 - The Darwinian principal of 'survival of the fittest' is always good news for smarter, stronger survivors. And, the onset of recession has accelerated that process amongst small business across the UK, says Henry Baker, Dorset based small business growth expert. Here are 5 reasons this spells opportunity for business owners in 2009.
1. Opportunities for astute, aggressive local merchants who will step up and provide exceptional service are all around. Opportunities for online merchants able to offer expansive selection and great service are huge.
2. This earthquake-change and epic opportunity is mirrored (or soon will be) in virtually every industry, business, profession and sales career.
3. The disappearance of hundreds to possibly thousands of car dealerships and with them thousands of car salesmen provides exciting opportunity for the smart, surviving sales pro to go after all those orphaned customers, step up to solve their service problems, form relationships, build a bulging book of clients.
4. The huge reduction in the population of mortgage brokers, of estate agents is a very good thing for the smart, aggressive ones who remain
5. In business to business, the number of marketers and sales professionals in virtually every product or service category actively prospecting, reaching out to new clients, exhibiting at trade shows, making presentations is diminishing by day, as the easily discouraged fade away - so it's a terrific time to be showing up!"
Henry admits "Yes, you may temporarily be side-stepping pools of blood and occasionally getting your shoes sticky with it, having to hold your nose when stepping over rotting corpses, brushing aside cobwebs while walking past empty space after empty space in the shopping centre." "But the magnitude of the opportunity laid out in front of you far eclipses the ugliness. Supply and demand is tilting in the favour of the surviving business; lots and lots of customers to be had and far fewer competitors going after them...and a better supply of potential employees to choose from, finally giving you the chance of staffing to deliver extraordinary customer experiences, to demand it - there are plenty of replacements waiting," Henry concludes.
Mr.Baker is available for interview, articles and the right speaking engagements and can be contacted on +441929 427744. Mr. Baker has over 10 years of sales and marketing experience with some of the World's leading corporate sales organizations, as an entrepreneur, business owner, real estate investor and internationally respected trainer and educator. He has directly helped over 800 small business owners grow their businesses and tens of thousands more via his business growth tips and secrets.
Download | 0.01 MB | 189 x 125 | .jpg
Download | 0.05 MB | .pdf
Download | 0.01 MB | .pdf
Download | 0.01 MB | .pdf