Dynamicweb Software A/S and Mjoelner Informatics A/S September 2008 It will be possible to seek information in seven languages, debate and follow events online and via a mobile phone, when the Danish website for the UN Climate Change Conference, COP15 in Copenhagen is launched. Denmark based Mjoelner Informatics & Dynamicweb Software won the tender.
The whole world will turn its attention to Denmark as Copenhagen will host the UN Climate Change Conference COP15 at the end of 2009. At the Danish host website it will be possible to join in via COP15's new interactive website. Denmark based software company Mjoelner Informatics and Dynamicweb Software, a leading European content management vendor, just won the tender of the technical development and running of the site.
"We are proud to announce that we have won the tender issued by the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It is our top priority to make the website very user friendly and catchy, so that visitors' interests in climate questions, and particularly the climate conference, are sharpened," says managing director of Mjoelner Informatics, Mr. Joergen Lindskov Knudsen.
The website will be an obvious source of information for everyone with an interest in climate questions, and different parties interested in climate development can take an active part in the climate debate. The website will contain various debate options such as blogs and chatrooms, encouraging everyone to participate in the climate debate up until, during and after COP15.
For the whole world
The ambition of COP15 is to negotiate the replacement for the Kyoto Protocol. This makes the conference one of the biggest and most important climate summits ever.
"The website will be accessible via mobile phones, RSS feeds and more. It is a great and bold move by the Danish hosting of COP15, choosing such an interactive solution and send out the message that the climate conference is a matter for the entire world," says CEO of Dynamicweb Software Mr. Christian Beer.
The website allows interested parties to follow the highlights of the climate conference, witness political debates of the conference and join the debate themselves.
The website will be created using Dynamicweb Software's flexible content management platform, developed for Web 2.0 and allowing for specially designed functions. Web 2.0 creates relations between people using social communication tools. Contents will be stored so that it can be used in many relevant connections and channels. At the same time, the platform can handle a large number of languages as well as different time zones.
"It is a very extensive project. This is why we have chosen to build the site using the thoroughly tested Dynamicweb Software platform rather than starting from scratch. At Mjoelner Informatics, one of our specialties is business- and portal systems, developing software for many companies and public authorities," says Mr. Joergen Lindskov Knudsen.
The website, which can be found in its temporary form at http://www.cop15.dk/ will be working in seven languages. The Climates Change Conference takes place from November 30th until December 11th 2009.
Facts of the Danish COP15 website:
- The website is a tender by the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and was won by a consortium of Denmark based Mjoelner Informatics & Dynamicweb Software, a leading European content management vendor with offices in several European and Asian countries.
- The website will be translated into seven languages and adopted to all the world's time zones.
- The website will feature a high level of interactivity such as blogs and debate forums.
- Contents can be received on different platforms relevant to the users, such as mobile phones, RSS feeds and for example Outlook and iGoogle.
- Another tender will see the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs make a contract with an editorial staff in charge of contents, who will use the developed web portal as a communications platform.
Facts of Mjoelner Informatics:
- The Aarhus-based software development company is behind the development of the new COP-15 website.
- Mjoelner Informatics A/S is a successful Danish software development house with 80 employees.
- Mjoelner Informatics has just been awarded Denmark's third-best IT workplace by the IT industry and ComputerWorld, and has also been named fourth-best software development house by ComputerWorld.
- Mjoelner Informatics is government-approved supplier of the Danish State and Municipal Buyers Service (SKI).
- Mjoelner Informatics develops custom-made software to a large number of national and international clients within both the private and public sector.
- Read more about Mjoelner Informatics A/S at http://www.mjolner.dk/.
Facts of Dynamicweb Software:
- The software company develops the platform known for the new COP15 solution, an extremely flexible content management and e-business platform.
- Dynamicweb Software A/S is Scandinavia's number one supplier of Content Management Systems and a leading European vendor.
- Dynamicweb Software war founded in 1999 by Christian Beer and Nicolai Pedersen and has 114 employees, 88 of which are based in Denmark and 26 are based abroad.
- The company supplies Content Management solutions to about 4000 clients.
- Read more about Dynamicweb Software at http://www.dynamicweb-cms.com/
For more information, please contact:
Mr. Joergen Lindskov Knudsen, managing director, Mjoelner Informatics, tel. +45 20 99 73 57.
Mr. Christian Beer, CEO, Dynamicweb Software, tel. +45 29 47 91 01.